Thursday, January 22, 2009

Winter BBQ

I like winter.

Really. I do. There's much enjoyment to be had during the cold winter months. Snowshoeing, cross country skiing, sitting by the fire and...

Grilling!

Grilling, you say?

Yep. That would be BBQing all manner of grilled meats and vegetables.

That's not to say it's without its challenges.

First-off you have the challenge of cooking in the cold. It's no fun to move your toasted tootsies from the fire and run out to the grill in the snow to flip a burger or sear a venison cutlet.

There's also the problem of locating the damn grill sometimes.

With all of the snow we've had lately I lost the Weber Smokey Joe.

I'm not kidding.

I had a general idea of where it was before it got buried under all of the white stuff but it was nowhere in sight. I ended-up probing-about for it with a bamboo pole like I was searching for an avalanche victim.












2 comments:

  1. You let your grill get buried in snow and you have the audacity to criticize my martini?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey.

    I'll have you know I skipped grilling last night. We cooked in doors.

    It was -6.5 degrees, not counting the friggn' wind chill.

    To be fair - I'll reserve final judgement until I've choked down one of those Martoonies some time.

    ReplyDelete