Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Dusting-off the Old Bow

I have a Martin Jaguar bow that I purchased fourteen years ago. It has spent countless hours in the woods under all kinds of conditions. It has traveled to several states. And it has slain many deer.

Two seasons ago it was retired after I purchased a Bow Tech Diamond Liberty compact bow.

The old Martin sat in its case on top of a basement chest freezer waiting to be called off the bench in a pinch. Like if the Bow Tech suffered an equipment failure or I did something really stupid like head-up here to go hunting and leave the newer bow at the other house in Tosa.

Anyway - I got to thinking last weekend that I really should take that bow out and shoot it. If nothing more to make sure it still works and shoots straight.

So I brought it home with me.

Tonight was archery night and Braumeister and I spent time over a West Town archery doing our weekly shoot on the video range.

The old bow took a little getting used-to. The draw weight is a bit higher and the let-off is different - but that old bow shoots just as straight as ever. I'd take it with me hunting in a heartbeat.

I might just do that for old-times sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment