Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Mrs. Robinson

Last weekend we noticed a robin through the transom above the back door.

Going outside to check it out I discovered that mama robin had constructed a nest on the shelf outside.  It's under the porch roof and sheltered from the elements and one of the few places not covered by nixalite which does a really terrific job of repelling the barn swallows.

That's a smart bird.

Climbing on a chair to remove the nest I discovered that mom had already laid a couple of eggs.


The Frau and  I have decided to wait to remover it until after the chicks have fledged.  That should be right about when the porch screens can be installed.

Mama is referred to as Mrs. Robinson.



1 comment:

  1. It's the right thing to do! I think I have a Mink nesting in our woodpile! It's driving the dog crazy.

    ReplyDelete