Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Green Wine

A cheap wine is like lawn mower beer.  Cold, palatable and not the least bit pretentious.  It's also affordable.


I was at the grocery recently and purchased an affordable box of this-



I wasn't much paying attention to the box as I was to the price.

It was only after I fetched it from the pantry to put it in the fridge that I actually read the labeling on the box.

Wouldn't you know it.  I can drink this cheap wine and actually know that I am saving the planet.

Brilliant marketing.

Even more brilliant is what is located on the lower right hand corner of the packaging.

The seal of approval.

SFI Certification. 

The gold standard of marketing your renewable trees if your are a tree farmer.

Take some advice from Old Swamp.  Drink not ye the wine from the bottle.  Imbibe of the green wine from the mylar bladder enclosed in the cardboard SFI-Certified outer layer.

Prosit!


No comments:

Post a Comment