Friday, April 29, 2011

Too Big To Fail

I recently met this fella when he spoke at a library foundation luncheon.  He signed a copy of his book for me. 
I actually have a small collection of author autographed missives.  Maybe I can supplement my retirement income by selling them-off.  Anyway, I was absolutely riveted by his story - Too Big to Fail: The Inside Story of How Wall Street and Washington Fought to Save the Financial System---and Themselves.

Sorkin does a masterful job of outlining the chronology of events that begin with the collapse of Bear Stearns and end around the point that TARP is passed.  Two hundred pages alone are devoted to the months of September and October 2008 when the world thought the financial system seemed about to implode upon itself.   

This is recommended reading.


In the mean time I am disappointed to learn that Greg Mortenson may have fabricated portions of his book and his foundation is operating under a cloud.  

No comments:

Post a Comment