Saturday, April 27, 2019

Truth in Advertising

Examine the photo carefully.  For a large and closer view click on it.  Do you notice any differences?

The grinder on the right is empty.  The replacement grinder on the left is pitched as Value Size.  Too be fair the grinder on the left bears a similar design to the one on the right - but the top is slightly shorter, the base slight shorter and the middle portion of the grinder slightly taller.  The over-all height is identical and both bottles are exactly 6.1 ounces net.

Is McCormick Spice Grinder pulling a fast one?  Unfortunately, I haven't a receipt for either as I just did the comparison when I fetched the replacement from the pantry.

I sent a message to McCormick for the skinny on this and will let you know what I find out. 

Stay tuned....

2 comments:

  1. Not McCormick's first shady dealings I'm afraid...

    https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2018/05/16/611732499/episode-696-class-action

    ReplyDelete