Sunday, December 6, 2009

Close Call

Went to town this morning to fetch a Sunday Journal Sentinel. Later as I was reading Paul Smith's On The Trail column I noticed that the deadline for Spring 2010 Turkey Permit applications was December 10th.

I'm thinking - Did I send in my application? I'm sure I did - I probably did a long time ago. For sure.

But I have no recollection of doing it. For sure.

So I go to the DNR's nifty Online Licensing Center and open my account.

Gasp! Sure enough - no spring turkey permit applied-for. With a couple of key strokes I fixed that.

Disaster averted.

2 comments:

  1. What!?
    "No turkey! No turkey sandwiches, no turkey salad, no turkey gravy, turkey hash, turkey a la King! Or gallons of turkey soup! Gone, all gone!"
    Unpossible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me tell you - this was a close shave!

    I just finished the last turkey-melt sandwich yesterday.

    ReplyDelete