Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Convenient Carbon Footprint

I have blogged from time-to-time about Al Gore's humongous carbon footprint.

I have a negative carbon footprint.

Not even neutral - but negative.

According to Carbon Offsets Daily if you plant 7 trees a year you’re carbon neutral.

Insofar as I have planted more than 50,000 trees that means I am carbon neutral for 7143 years. However, since I am married I include my Frau which means we're both neutral for 3571 years.

Truthfully, we won't live that long so our footprint is negative.

I don't think The Inconvenient Mr. Gore can match that. I've only seen him plant one tree in a photo-op, once, more than a decade ago. I know he is not a tree farmer.

With all of my vast surplus of carbon sequestration I could sell carbon credits to Mr. Gore and very conveniently assuage his conscience.

2 comments:

  1. I've planted about 300 in my life. I am good for two more years then I better plant some more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can lend you some credit if needed...

    ReplyDelete