Thursday, October 28, 2021

Random Forno Report

Once and awhile I get asked - Hey Tom, how often do you actually use your wood fired oven?

To which I might explain that it is difficult to determine inasmuch as I don't keep a calendar or journal.  Maybe I should.  At least for now I can pretty much keep straight in my head what works really well (pizza) and what needs more work (bakery).  And what remains to be attempted - braised meats and more complicated main dishes.  

Tuesday I baked a couple of rustic Belgian loaves for a Brussels Lions raffle. 


Today I tried baguettes. They’re not much to look at yet the crumb (classic holes and chew) is pretty close. It’s a fussy recipe and I think I need to take the bake up an additional 100F. 


Made starter for calzones this weekend. 

It's been an edible journey so far…..

No comments:

Post a Comment