Sunday, October 24, 2021

Typical Saturday

Busy day yesterday.

Walked the dog.  Fetched gas and diesel. Reinstalled hazards to navigation along the north property line to keep nocturnal road hunters from driving onto the property from the dead-end town road to poach deer.  

This was accomplished by means of returning the oversized boulders to the ditch that the logger had moved.  I also moved a bunch of larger ash pulp bolts to the mix like ginormous pixie stix.  Sure, a determined violator will persist in poaching a deer - my point is simply to provide a deterrent to any easy mark.  Thank the Lord for a bucket on the tractor and high-pressure hydraulics.

There is also a high probability I'll hide a trail camera along the edge of the road to record license plate data.  If there is criminal behavior I'll have something for the warden to follow-up on.

After this I swept and vacuumed the machine shed, gassed-up both 4-wheelers and Jill and I covered the boat.  

Whew!

Cold beers on the porch followed while I fired-up the Forno.

 

At 900 F after only two minutes there was New York-style, cracker-thin pizza for dinner.  Yum!

And there was sufficient dough and toppings to par-bake two additional pies to freeze for easy meals down the road.

Looking forward to clearing the chore list of autumn tasks in the next week as the pre-rut has commenced.

And I saw plenty of deer out in the woods yesterday during daylight.

There is some serious hunting to be done.....


No comments:

Post a Comment