Friday, April 9, 2010

The Dump


This is the Summer Shack.

At least that's what the sign on it says. And it is used year-round.

You'll find it at the town's Waste Disposal Facility.

The dump.

If you live in the city you have the luxury of someone coming to your curb and hauling away your garbage, your recyclables or your junk. Here you have to haul it yourself to the dump. (For that reason and deer hunting - I will likely always own a pick-up truck.)

So a couple of times a month I make a trip to the dump to off-load our stuff.

That is actually the smallest part of the trip because when you go to the dump you have an opportunity to talk with the dump man who is the town's repository of critical information such as hunting results during hunting seasons and useful gossip. Other townsfolk will be there too so it's usually a pretty good gab fest.

I have to pay close attention to detail when I make this trip since my Frau always asks for a report to be rendered upon my return

No comments:

Post a Comment