Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Talkn' Turkey

Last Friday I attempted to finish-off a vast pile of day job work. Normally this would come very easily to me. This time, however, I ended-up only nibbling around the edges.

I had a bad case of turkey hunting on my mind.

Turkeys on the game camera.

Turkeys strutting in the field across the road.

Turkey recipes too.

In the end I packed it in and Girlfriend and I loaded-up the 4-wheeler with a couple of blinds and sling chairs and we took-off to find where the birds have been hanging-out.














Scouting is always fun as you'll find all manner of sign you might ordinarily walk past.

Like this feather in the trail.












Or the dusting site that my feathered friends have made from a big-old ant mound.

Girlfriend is really good at locating turkey poop too. But I have opted to not post the photo of her gobbling-it-up.

Gobbling.

Get it?













We set-up a couple of blinds in what I think are some good locations.



Later-on we'll deposit some decoys in them for placement in the wee early hours before sunrise.

Check-in here at the Platz for an update on turkey camp.

It's going to be running on and off until the end of May.

No comments:

Post a Comment