Friday, September 3, 2021

A Woodfired Sort of Day

It was spitting rain all day.   Nevertheless, I fired-up the Slow ‘N Sear on the Weber to smoke a half rack of beef ribs. This was a first. 
 
 
Then I fired-up the Forno and baked a big boule (French bread). Another first.
 
 
Homemade baked beans and garden cuke salad on the side tonight.
 
The ribs were OK.  Would have been better braised.  The rub I used was spicier than anticipated.  Gonna stick with baby back pork ribs.
 

And while I've made small loaves of bread from leftover pizza dough - this was the first one hour bake using my classic, long fermentation, French bread dough.  It was awesome.  Deightful crust and soft and tender inside.  And a real confidence-builder for bread-baking experimentation.

 
Real men cook with fire. 
 
Lesser men use Traeger pellet grills and cook with electricity…..

No comments:

Post a Comment