Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Porch, the Laptop and the Pistol

It occured to me yesterday morning that I might possibly be the only guy on the peninsula who is sitting on his porch with his adoring dog, a steaming cuppa joe, a laptop and a pistolero.

Same for the end of the day - but with a refreshing adult beverage.

What's with the pistol? If it wasn't for the laptop we'd all think you've gone redneck on us.

I've had a bad stretch of critter incidents.

And Phil the groundhog has returned.

4 comments:

  1. There's a long standing Internet rule that says one must not discuss the gun without posting a picture of the gun. If you're plinking Phil in the noggin, we all must see the gun behind the fun!

    I use a .177 air gun with a scope to defend my range. Now that I've said that, the rules say I must take a picture of my gun and post it on the Internet...pffff...like that's a problem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pal Braumeister tells me that the goldstandard of air rifles hail from The Fatherland.

    He uses a precision import model to control his English Sparrows.

    He's actually bringing it to Schuetzenfest this year for a demonstration.

    Phil is gone.

    Remarkably by non-lethal means.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bet it costs more than 50 bucks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I take back what I said about Phil.

    Phil is back.

    With a vengeance!

    All I can say is that the level of hostilities have escalated...

    ReplyDelete