Thursday, July 29, 2010

Report From The Platz


The garden is doing terrific.

Granddaughter has been assisting with the picking of beans, summer squash, cukes, pickles and flowers for the table.

I've finally been able to get the tractor out and begin mowing three-some-odd-miles of trails. There are some very wet spots still but not so squishy to leave ruts or get stuck.

Granddaughter also learned how to milk a goat yesterday. I'm not sure that this is an indispensable life skill - but it's a start.

Last night she reported that she sighted Phil in the garden.

Sure enough. The den in the septic mound has been re excavated (for the fourth time).

I'm feeling a lot like Bill Murray lately...


2 comments:

  1. crack me up!...it's like me and the bunnie.

    I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but I've noticed my posts about animal hatred seem to receive the highest number of comments.

    ReplyDelete