Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Belgian Days



Belgian Days was celebrated last weekend.

The Brussels Lions Club hosted the 49th annual celebration of this event. All two days of it.

There is nothing quite like a small town parade and the local Belgians sure know how to throw a good one. I'm not even Belgian and I was in it.

Get a load of this pick-up truck. This guy must live and breathe Semper Fi as I have never seen a rolling tribute to The Corps quite like this one.


And the tractors!


I am not making this-up - there were probably close to fifty tractors. Mostly older restored models - but with a handful of modern giant rigs for good measure.

As for me - the kids and I dusted-off The Beast and rode with the other muscle cars. Including a really nice Chevy II Nova SS in matching red that trailed us.

As per usual - three different individuals approached me that day to inquire if I was interested in selling Pontiac.

For the record it is not for sale. In fact - the last I heard they're not making any more of them. So I believe I'll just hang-on to this gas guzzler for a bit longer.

Belgian Days. Big parade, good food, cold beer, root beer floats for the kids, live country music and friendly people. If you missed it this year - check it out next year.

And be sure to take a Belgian pie home with you for snacking later-on.

click on images to enlarge

2 comments:

  1. I like your firearms post over there. I'd add to it, but I have nothing to add that would make it better. This looks like a grand American event. I have kin in Kewaunee. I've had a beer in a bar in Alaska...WI...know where that is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only bar I've been to in Alaska would be one located where D turns-off from 42.

    It has been a few years - they served a good burger.

    John Moses Browning celebrates a significant anniversary this year. You can expect I'll have something to say about that before too long.

    Belgian Days is a slice of Americana.

    ReplyDelete