Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Startling Surprise

Braumeister and I shot arrows again last night. We've both been shooting pretty good lately - him better than me. He was whipping my ass until he had a catastrophic equipment failure.

The unit housing the sight pins dropped from his bow.

I think it is better to have this happen now instead of while you're out in the woods trying to fill your freezer.

Many years ago I walked out in the dark early one morning and reaching the top of the ladder began to crawl into the stand and roused a possum who was hanging out there in the dark.

The surprise was startling.

How'd you like to climb into your stand in the dark and find this...



The bow opener is only eighteen days away.

2 comments:

  1. Is that the one we just put up? Nice of him to make sure its stable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 500 pound test strength on the ratchet strap.

    Good to go...

    ReplyDelete