Saturday, September 18, 2010

Regret?

Sat for a couple of hours this afternoon with my bow.

Jumped a deer walking out to my stand and had to change-up the plan and move to an alternate location.

Within an hour I spied a lone deer picking through the woods and then move off to the east. Twenty minutes later a doe with a pair of fawns moved through. They were clueless to my presence.

I thought about taking the doe and then thought about one of the fawns and decided upon none of the above. I watched them for awhile until a fork-horn ambled-into view.

Mama and the twins walked out of range and the fork buck stood there broadside to me like he was posing for a holy card.

Bow up and release clipped in I hemmed and hawed over taking him.

Then it occurred to me that if I shot him the first time out I will have burned my buck tag.

I got busted attempting to take his picture with my phone.

Saw six deer tonight.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment