Friday, September 10, 2010

Top Ten War Movies - #9

All Quiet on the Western Front might just be one of the most profound anti-war movies ever created. It certainly is one of the oldest.

Unlike most all of the movies on the list I have no recognition or connection to any of the actors.

I first watched this movie while away at art camp in the ‘60s on one of the UW campuses.

Yeah, I know, you’re probably thinking – What are you, some old hippie?

Not quite.

This was period during the Vietnam War and anti-war sentiment ran high at places like art camp. Hence the showing of this movie in the campus auditorium.

We also watched some Salvador Dali flicks too. Blech.

All of this made a lasting impression on me.

I still have a taste for good art. My homes features art and artifacts from my travels along with some collectible wildlife prints.


One of these days I’d like to indulge in making pottery again.

And be cautious about rushing to war. Real people die you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment