Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Viking Cuke Boat


Last week I mused about what to do with a mutant pickle.

In the end I decided to take a reader's advice and turn it into both cucumber dip and serving dish.

Here it is.

It sort of looks like a fat, Viking short boat.

I made a half-batch of the dip served with sea salt pita chips.

My guests declared it fabulous!

Following this we grilled salmon, garden squash, new potatoes, green beans and an eater pumpkin for dinner.

Then we polished-off a watermelon from the garden.

4 comments:

  1. That looks great...glad you tried it.
    We haven't made that dip in a while and now I'm craving it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Frau tells you that it is a terrific dip. The recipe is a keeper.

    For the record, I did not blow-up the cuke boat.

    It is in the composter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have a another watermelon you can blow up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have some watermelons. And cantaloupes. They are much to tasty to expend munitions on.

    Howver, a pumpkin might be another matter...

    ReplyDelete