Monday, February 23, 2009

My Kind of Stimulus

It was a cold weekend at the farm.

With the weather turning uglier - winds out of the north and blowing snow.

Just about perfect for reading by the fire and eating all sorts of good food.

Dinner guests on Friday enjoyed pheasant Marsala, pan-seared medallions of venison - served with a reduction of pan drippings, mushrooms and capers. All accompanied by smashed potatoes and green beans (from last year's garden).

Oh, and my lovely wife's signature Door County sour cream apple pie.

Good wine too.

One of the books I read was The Return of Depression Era Economics by Paul Krugman. Mind you, Mr. Krugman and I probably aren't on the same wave length on all things political; nonetheless, he's an economist that has a knack for making complicated issues understandable. This book is recommended reading - but make sure it is the latest edition that includes The Crisis of 2008.

Anyway, Mr. Krugman was a talking head on one of the Sunday morning talking head shows and everyone was yammering and trying to get a word in edgewise about stimulus and bailouts and good banks and bad banks.

That's it. I've had enough. A perfectly sunny Sunday awaits outdoors.

So I donned my long johns, wind pants, gaiters, fleece and strapped-on my snowshoes and Girlfriend and I went out for an invigorating walk.

Half a foot of fresh snow on the level, not a cloud in the sky and 26 degrees!

We fetched the memory card from the trail camera to see what has been nibbling on one of last year's deer carcasses and hiked back to the house.

It was positively stimulating.

Some pictures are posted over at the other blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment