Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Food Plot

Remember that food plot I planted several weeks ago?

click on image to enlarge

There's stuff growing in it.  Which isn't all bad considering it's meatball farming.  We sure could use some rain though.

For any of my hunting compadres who might be reading - on Saturday I filled the big sprayer on the ATV and nuked the large food plot in the north forty.  I figure I'll mow the dead stuff and someone else can disc it into the ground in a couple of months.

Thinking about planting it into rape, turnip and a couple of clover varieties.  The brassicas will come up and remain hardy into the fall with their natural frost tolerance.  The clover will put on some serious growth in the spring and summer of 2013 and be virtually maintenance free.

All the critters like clover.

No comments:

Post a Comment