Thursday, November 1, 2012

Taking The Hunt To The Action

There appears to be plenty of deer hanging around where the trail camera got trashed.

No wonder.

On the birch tree immediately in the foreground (with Girlfriend in the background) is a fresh rub. 


A male whitetail's calling card.

So I not only moved a fresh, working camera to this site, I also set-up a ground blind behind a big white spruce but within bow shot of the trail leading out of the thicket to the right and to the big, open meadow.

I also ordered two more replacement trail cameras - which arrived within a couple of days.

Bothered by all of the tall grass and weeds that could interfere with the flight of an arrow I returned with the tractor and mowed some shooting lanes.


click on images to enlarge

I took a chance on this.  A camera.  A ground blind.  Dogs.  Mowing.  Lots of human activity.

I've probably scared all the deer away by messing with their turf.

No comments:

Post a Comment