Friday, December 13, 2013

Small Town

I went to town this morning to run some errands.  Bank, post office and grocery store - in that order.  The curious thing about a small town is everyone knows everyone else.  And goes out of their way to be friendly.

Everyone was all smiles at the bank.  And everyone was wearing the Packer attire.  Packer Friday at the bank. 

At the post office the Postmistress gave me a big smile and - How are you doing, Tom?  She always greets me by my first name.  Unprompted.

At the grocery the guy behind the meat counter always remembers how thick I like my bacon cut.  And the lady at the checkout asked me where my green canvas bag was today.  I forgot it.  So I asked for paper instead of plastic.  Funny she would remember me and my green canvas tote.

Small town America.  You gotta love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment