Monday, June 8, 2015

Meatball Surgery

By the time this is published and you read it I will either have recovered, developed a raging tetanus infection or have had to visit the Urgent Care.

I like to run around in bare feet during the summer and bare footedness is associated with all sorts of inherent risks and hazards.

I began my Friday by venturing out on the porch and managed to  impale the sole of my foot with a championship sliver of Douglas Fir.

Managing to pull most of it out I limped around for the balance of the day completing my chores and working around the yard and in the garden.

By Saturday morning I was a red, angry, festering wound.

On Saturday morning The Frau managed to dig most, if not all, of it out with a tweezers, a red-hot needle and plenty of rubbing alcohol to sterilize the surgical site.

Looking a bit better by Saturday night.  My shots are current...

click on image to enlarge


Edit to add-

I finished my day today at the Walk In Clinic. After some lidocaine the PA dug out the remaining quarter inch of Douglas fir. Five days of cephalexin 500 mg and I should be dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment