Friday, February 12, 2016

Maximizing Your Curling Experience

After a decade and a half of curling I finally figured it out.  Why this took me so long is immaterial.  What is useful to know is the outcome.

Rather than fret and concern oneself with which event or league to participate in it is a better idea that you restrict league play to perhaps one night a week and make yourself available as a sub for all the remaining leagues.  Excepting-for (obviously) the women's leagues.

Hardly a week will go by without multiple requests made for me to fill-in for someone who has to travel on business, care for a sick child or is sick themselves.

What I have learned is I can curl as much as I can stand and it is completely discretionary.  If I have a conflict I have a conflict.  If it is a 9:15 draw time (meaning home by midnight) I can politely decline.  Moreover, I get to curl with different teams and in multiple positions.  All the better to mean new faces, names and skill levels.  I'm curling more than I ever have before.

It is the perfect way to maximize your curling experience.   

No comments:

Post a Comment