Thursday, December 30, 2021

Get Stabbed

Lest you continue to share the belief that COVID is a vast conspiracy or hoax I want to share with you that among my immediate circle of friends I am personally-acquainted with six deaths from this.  Including two individuals from my high school that I became reconnected-with in retirement.

A shirt-tail relative caught the variant and spent a month in the hospital followed by an additional month of skilled nursing care.  A year and a half later she now depends-upon oxygen to get thru the day.

My State Senator spent more than a month in the ICU on a vent.  He's permanently impacted as well. 

The administrator of one of my favorite private FB groups is dead following more than three weeks in the ICU on a vent.  Young guy too - thirty-four.  And knocking on heaven's door.

And in the last month a 47 year-old neighbor succumbed to the disease.  His lungs trashed.

Not a one of these individuals was vaccinated.  And I am pleased to have learned via personal account that the family of the most recent victim has received their second course of the vaccine.

Both the Current Guy and the Former Guy say to take the vaccine.

So get the stab, people.  It's no big deal.

If you were bitten by a rabid skunk would you refuse a rabies vaccine?

No comments:

Post a Comment