Monday, September 26, 2022

The Garden Chronicles

Yesterday I commenced to put the garden to bed for the winter.  After a frost struck a few days ago it was time.  I pulled almost everything out and chucked it in the compost piles.  All that remains are my Kakai seed pumpkins and the carrots.

Pumpkins 


Following a hiatus of about a decade I introduced cantaloupe to this year's line-up.  They happen to be a hybrid variety producing a smaller fruit that is juicy delicious.  Try it on vanilla ice cream for a real treat.


Sweet peppers have been awesome too.


Hopefully the soil will dry out sufficiently before freeze-up as I'd sure like to turn it over before the snow flies.  That would also afford me the opportunity to burn the remaining petrol in the rototiller.  We'll see.

It's been a very good gardening year.  I'm pleased with the results.

Vive le Jardin Magnifique!

No comments:

Post a Comment