Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Inconvenient Man

From the LA Times...

Former Vice President Al Gore and his wife, Tipper, have added a Montecito-area property to their real estate holdings, reports the Montecito Journal.

The couple spent $8,875,000 on an ocean-view villa on 1.5 acres with a swimming pool, spa and fountains, a real estate source familiar with the deal confirms. The Italian-style house has six fireplaces, five bedrooms and nine bathrooms.

I guess Al isn't too concerrned about rising sea levels flooding his new giant carbon footprint, eh?

4 comments:

  1. He reminds me of a TV preacher. He keeps selling lies, and his blurry eyed acolytes keep sending checks...amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was a youngster I visited the Ice Age Center located in the north unit of the Ketttle Moraine.

    I learned that the earth has been growing warmer for about 10,000 years.

    Decades later - I kick myself periodically for not capitalizing on the obvious.

    Had I done so - I might be living on the beach in sunny California instead of an ordinary Platz.

    BTW - I read about the Colonel's Sauce. I smelled your grilling yesterday. How was the chicken?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cut in half a two pack of whole hens I found at Sams for .89/lb. I rubbed the skin side with spicy rub, and cooked them with the skin side up, on the indirect side of a grill big enough to cook two chickens. Of course, the sauce goes on at the very end after the skin gets nice and crispy...schmeckt sehr gut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you ever wonder if The Inconvenient Man grills?

    Or if grilling increases your carbon footprint?

    Me? I own no less than six (yes -6) Weber grills AND a smoker!

    Es ist alles gut!

    ReplyDelete