Monday, December 26, 2011

South of Broad

I've been feeling pretty darn good. My physical therapist says I'm in the top decile of recovering hip replacement patients she's had an opportunity to work with.


So when I'm not doing my exercises or puttering in the kitchen I'm reading everything in sight.


One of the recent blissful pleasures has been the opportunity to read two daily newspapers over coffee each morning. Pure decadence.


Finished this book last night.

South of Broad - by Pat Conroy


Set in Charleston, South Carolina, between 1969 and 1990 the story tracks a group of friends, their adventures, loves and battles.


If you like stories from the south mixed with Catholicism, segregation, sex, intrigue, murder most foul and a surprised ending - you'll enjoy this book.


Learn more about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment