Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Deer With A Complexion Problem - Solved

A couple of times I've blogged about the doe I've captured images of that appears to have a complexion problem.

I have a diagnosis.

Last weekend I sent an email to the DNR's Wildlife Health Lab in Madison, WI along with some photos.  Yesterday morning I received a reply:

Hi Swamp,

Thanks for sharing the photos.  It is a little difficult to see clearly from the photos but this is probably what are called fibromas.  You can find more information on this on our website page here:  Deer health- Wisconsin DNR.  The section on fibromas is toward the bottom of the page.  

I will add your report to our database on deer health for future reference.

Thanks again,

Nancy


Looks like it's not some sort of dread disease - just a complexion problem.



No comments:

Post a Comment