Thursday, October 31, 2013

Talk'n Turkey

Yesterday I told you about my pal Braumeister and his fancy get-up in the ghillie suit and how he saw all sorts of deer but was armed only with a shotgun for hunting turkey.

When he was hunting for deer and all he had was his bow - that's when he saw turkeys.  Turkeys are very hard to hunt with a bow since the only sure shot is a head shot.  

Here they are.




Brau was set-up in hiding very close to where this trail camera was located.  And he mentioned that one of the birds was strutting.  Which is strange to see in the fall but there is photographic evidence just the same.

Those same birds eventually made their way over to where I was hiding in a blind.  And I took a shot at the strutting bird with a bolt from my crossbow.  Of course I missed since the head of a moving turkey is exceedingly hard to hit - even with a crossbow.


That shot startled the birds but they strutting bird kept right on strutting...

No comments:

Post a Comment