Monday, November 10, 2014

Elusive Buck

click on image to enlarge


The buck in the picture above was observed on a couple of occasions last weekend by both Braumeister and me.

A big eight pointer he's been frequently the area where an active scrape is located and rutting his stuff.

Brau observed him thrashing some trees with his antlers and generally acting life he was full of himself.  And I was lurking in a ground blind when I heard a grunt from my left.  Followed by another grunt.  Peeking thru a crack in the window I observed him doing the same thing.  So taking my grunt tube I grunted back.  I mentally willed him to step into the main trail within range of my bow.

Nothing doing.  Braumeister had the same experience a day earlier.

A totally elusive buck.  Nice one too...

No comments:

Post a Comment