Saturday, March 7, 2015

Dump Run

Trip to the dump today.  Unlike city dwellers who enjoy curbside garbage pick-up in rural America we do not.  It's probably because we have no curbs.



In polite company we call this: Paying a visit to the Brussels Waste Disposal and Recycling Facility.  


Don't you think it still looks like a dump?

Oddly-enough the old pick-up truck started.  It was really slow to crank and fire-up but it did finally start.  No wonder - it's been sitting in the shed since Christmastime I think.  And it's been horrifically cold lately.  I was feeling really sort of smug about that old, reliable truck of mine.

In any event, I arrive at the dump and dump my three barrels of recyclables and a pile of broken-down cardboard boxes.  I prepare to depart and the battery is frankly just about dead.  Engine won't crank.  The guardian of the dump facility performed a good turn by allowing me to hook my jumper cables to his truck battery.  Vroom! 

So much for smugness.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment