Saturday, April 11, 2015

Stewed Prune

Another day afield pruning.  Prune, prune, prune.

I was under the impression that everything was largely done (at least on my part) after last weekend.  Not so.  Finished the southwest quadrant today by myself..  The Frau and I will finish the last of the northeast quad tomorrow.

For the record the tree swallows returned sometime in the  last couple of days.  They are soaring and flitting above the grassland out behind the house.  Impressive!

Before nightfall yesterday an adult bald eagle swooped-in from the east and sat in the tall ash tree that harbors a deer stand on the creek just north of the house.  Judging from the distance between the floor and rails of the deer stand that bird was more than a couple feet tall.  Spectacular!

Me?  I'm sore and my hip is talking to me.

Time for a soak and an ice-cold Molson product.  Just got out of the tub and I'm feeling like a stewed prune...
click on image to enlarge
 

No comments:

Post a Comment