Friday, April 17, 2015

Talking Turkey

Interesting day turkey hunting.

On a positive note I had an extended chat with a chatty hen. Called her in. We clucked it up. She left. So I called her back. We clucked it up some more. Nice to know another language. (Will post a short video later).

On a negative note my neighbor decided today was the day he was going to do deer stand repairs. As soon as he started-up with the hammering the gobbling stopped. Birds beat it out of Dodge.

On an awesome note Braumeister sashayed in last evening and was hunting way up on the north end of the property today - far from the anvil chorus I had to put-up with.

After a four year drought - he bagged a nice gobbler.


After a break I'm heading back out.  Hopefully the racket that scared all the birds away will have ceased.  Sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment