Sunday, August 23, 2015

Crazy Labs

Oftentimes when I run the dogs with the four wheeler they'll grab a stick and run together with it like a team of horses.  Side by side, full-tilt with neither relinquishing control of the stick.  They are crazy dogs.

On rare occasions I've managed to stop and after fishing-out my smart phone take some video of this behavior while navigating the trails one-handed.  More often than not it is precisely at this moment that the dogs stop, drop the stick and look at me for direction.  

This afternoon I ran the dogs with the Polaris and sure as shit they grabbed a stick and did their team of horses shtick.  I momentarily thought of pausing and fetching the phone from my pocket to shoot some video but decided against it.  I figured they'd drop the stick as soon as I paused to do so.

Today they ran with their stick side by side for almost a half mile before giving-up on the game.  Fortunately one of the trail cameras caught an action shot...

click on image to enlarge
 

No comments:

Post a Comment