Monday, March 13, 2017

Time Travel

Last Monday I posted a photo taken during a spring turkey hunt in May of 2002.  I had found the digital scan of the original 35mm old-school photo surfing a collection of older and forgotten pictures stashed in an electronic file. 

Here are some additional photos taken back at camp.  Look at the beard on that gobbler!  

click on images to enlarge

And yup - that is the same Chevy pick-up I'm still driving.  Shinier and without the dents of course.  These photos was taken back at Hidden Ridge where we owned the park model trailer home.  I think I had to instruct my neighbor Rollie on how to snap the photo for me.  When we moved into the trailer home my daughter and her pal promptly christened it - The Villa.  Ostensibly a pre-adolescent attempt at humor and sarcasm over the size of the new chalet in the woods.  Nowadays these small manufactured homes (complete with wheels and a  tornado magnet behind the skirt) are called Tiny Houses.  I am proud to be an individual endowed with the wisdom of great foresight and vision having owned and lived in a Tiny House before it became chic and trendy.  But I digress.

Dead bird on the deck awaiting plucking and cleaning.  It was a two beer bird - if you know what I mean.


Bird in the sink for the plucking of the pin feathers and a final rinse before heading for the freezer.


These old photos bring back a flood of fond memories.  I'm sure more are out there to be discovered.  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment