Saturday, May 19, 2018

Locavore

Productive day began with a visit in town with my State Representative.  It was a terrific opportunity to have a productive and friendly chat about the burgeoning deer numbers on the peninsula and Wisconsin's one-size-fits-all approach to managing deer populations.  Remember - the legislature has been in charge of managing wildlife resources - not the Department of Natural Resources, or the Natural Resources Board or (gasp) biologists.  We'll see how it goes and if anything constructive comes of this.

Back at The Platz I took the girls out for a romp to swap-out the SD cards from the trail cameras. 

Following that Jill and I cut-back the raspberry canes, I pruned the suckers from the big apple tree and pruned the 'poop on a stick' branches from one of the Canada Cherry trees.  After that I thought better of proceeding any further until I knew more about the cause and spread of this fungal disease.  I disinfected my lopper and put it away.

I helped Jill clean the GMC and later my lovely wife got her second wind and finished cutting the lawn after the sun peeked-out later today.

Dinner tonight was a feast:  Grilled venison loin, crashed German Butter Ball spuds and a medley of frozen sweet corn with fresh-picked asparagus.


Everything came from our field, forest or garden. Except the beers.  It's a satisfying feeling for sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment