Sunday, January 31, 2021

Keeping Score

Up today at the crack of sunrise and as the skies lightened I could see over my cuppa steaming joe that the mailbox at the end of the driveway was no longer standing.

There had been several inches of overnight snow and the ever-efficient highway crew was diligent in keeping the County Road out front safe and clear.

I could visualize the plow picking-up speed on the west bound down-hill run - likely just hitting its stride of 65 to 70 miles per hour by the time it reached the end of the drive.

The mail box stood no chance against the wall of snow shrapnel thrown aside.

There's no mail delivery on Sunday so I took my time and this afternoon set things right for the Monday morning delivery.
 
With more dents and split seams the box is slowly losing capacity to resist the elements.  Nevertheless, I tipped it back in position - slightly further from the road.

Back in business.

Snow Plow 5 - Mailbox 1
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment