Thursday, August 26, 2021

The Garden Chronicles

Up early this morning to beat the heat and tidy-up the garden. 

Three days ago I picked cukes and made a giant batch of cucumber salad for Lions Club. Today there was this.  I swear they materialize overnight. 
 

I suspect I’ll be canning tomatoes soon and the broccoli is the gift that keeps on giving. 
 


Anecdotally there seems to be more than the usual number of aggrieved individuals on social media.  It must suck big time to rise every damn day and be burdened by grievances that you have to crow them on Face Book for all the interweb to suffer-thru. My sole grievance worth any valuable bandwidth is the resident whitetails have eaten all my delicious lettuce. 
 
All four rows!  Same for the green beans. 😠

Nevertheless, there is justice for this affront to my delicate sensibilities.

Nocturnal garden theft is a capital offense.
 
Vive le jardin magnifique!
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment