Sunday, November 12, 2023

Tall Tale

Only in Sturgeon Bay.

Earlier this week I stopped at the gas station to get a cold bottle of iced tea and as I was pulling up I observed a a couple of police officers watching a woman who was smoking while pumping her gas. 

I was thinking:  Is this lady stupid, crazy, or both, especially with law enforcement standing RIGHT there! 

Anyway, minding my own business I went inside and got my drink. As I was paying for my bottle of tea, I heard someone screaming.  I’m talkin' about a blood-curdling death scream.

I looked outside and I saw that cigarette woman's arm was on fire.  She was swinging her arm, running around going nuts.  By the time I got outside, the police had the woman on the ground and they were putting the fire out.  

Then, remarkably they put handcuffs on her and threw her in back seat of their squad car. 

I was thinking:  Arrested?  Shouldn’t she be in an ambulance instead of a squad car? 

So I asked one of the officers what they were arresting her for.

And with a dead serious straight face he looked me in the eyes and said: WAVING A FIREARM!

No comments:

Post a Comment