Saturday, January 6, 2024

Revisionist History

Andrew S. Clyde (R-Ga.) has described the January 6 riot and assault on the Capitol and the  mob's breaching of the building as a "normal tourist visit.”

I do quite a bit of traveling and am a tourist.  I've been to Washington DC multiple times.  Nothing like this would have entered my head. 

Sure, those who broke-down doors, busted windows, assaulted law enforcement officers, defecated on the carpeting or engaged in violence or committed other crimes were charged and prosecuted accordingly.  Some of the participants of this event got a ticket for trespassing.  The rest got nothing at all.

I'm sure some people will celebrate rebellion and violence against others today.  In a free society you can hold that belief system.  I would counsel against acting on it.

Most people know that if someone hosts a riot, the smart choice is to run the other way.....

 


No comments:

Post a Comment