Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Back Home

Hi there.

Long time - no post.

You see I've been away on holiday and living in a blissful state of disconnectedness. I've been road-tripping with my darling wife and Girlfriend.

It is awfully good to be back. There are tree swallows staking-out their territories around the nest boxes and a pair of mallards down in the big pond.

Speaking of Girlfriend - she and I just got back after putting a gobbler to bed.

You turkey hunters know what I'm talking about. For the uninitiated this is the process of poking-about where the turkeys roost for the evening and calling to them with an owl hooter or crow call.

Those gobblers can't resist gobbling back.

It's a good method of locating their roosting locations so I can sneak out tomorrow morning in the dark and lay in ambush for them when they come off of their roosts at sunrise.

The warm-up before bed-time is a classic martini garnished with a couple of queen green olives and twist. A fire in the woodburner.

Followed by grilled/smoked redfish and speckled trout. Green beans from last-year's garden too.

Any guesses as to how that delightful repast found its way into my ice chest?

No comments:

Post a Comment