Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Trouble With Mice

I had to perform some service work on the tractor - namely the replacement of a couple of high pressure hose fittings leading to the hydraulic fluid cooler on the radiator.

When I fired-up the New Holland for the first time I noticed those fittings were cracked and just about ready to burst and ruin my day unless they were replaced.

A quick trip to the implement dealer and twenty bucks bought me two four-inch, 90 degree factory hose fittings. Ouch!

Anyway, no matter how fast you work anytime you disassemble a hydraulic fitting you're going to get fluid all over the place.

So I walk over the shelf to grab some shop towels out of the box and as I give it tug out comes a blizzard of shredded towel fluff and mouse turds.

Blech.




















In all fairness - if I was a mouse looking for the best place in the world to build a winter nest and raise the kids you can't do much better than a box of Scott shop towels.

No comments:

Post a Comment