Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Ice Drinking

My buddy Sid stopped by to borrow my ice auger.

I'm going ice fishing tomorrow. How about you join us? I'll bring the beer.

To which I replied - Nope. No way. In fact - you can keep my auger. I haven't used it for years. You interested in some slightly used tip-ups?

I've gone ice fishing a handful of times and just don't understand he attraction. Furthermore, it's dangerous.

Just last week a couple of Flatlanders had to be fetched from the ice. According to the Door County Sheriff report these two guys walked out on the ice testing it every ten yards or so. They felt they were safe because they had fished there before.

That is until they looked and discovered the ice appeared 'shiny' behind them.

A crack had formed stranding them on an ice floe in open water.

The Coast Guard had to use their airboat to rescue the guys and their gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment