Sunday, December 26, 2010

Spring Turkey


I stumbled across a file of old pictures on my computer the other day and found this one.

Best guess is spring of 2000.

This photo was taken up at the north end of the property. The Dutchman’s deerstand is the dark object on the far left edge of the picture. My neighbors’s woods are in the background. The trees along the creek are above (my) left shoulder.

I was posing with this giant turkey I just shot - in the trail that runs up the middle of the property. That’s my Browning 12 ga. With a cammo sock over it. Snapshot was taken with a Yashica 35mm on a tripod. Must have scanned it at a later date.

That was back in the day when you could still see across the field from one side to the other. The tamaracks in the row above (my) right should are now more than 30 feet tall and you cannot see into the cover more than 15 yards.

And Sid wants me to cut all of those trees down…

No comments:

Post a Comment