Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Winter Poultry

I was driving back from town the other day having fetched the Sunday paper and I spied these.


There were five ringneck pheasant across the road in front of the house.

Two roosters and three hens.

I've been seeing tracks and Girlfriend has been snuffling-up a storm when she gets on a track.

It will be interesting to see if these survive the winter and actually breed.

I should probably plant some sunflowers next year for over-wintering birds.







The resident crow flock continues to feast on the remains of some deer carcasses out in the prairie planting.


Crows got to eat too you know.




Then a flock of thirty turkeys emerged from the woods to pick through the cut cornfield next door.


A couple of them even came over to the garden to scratch around the Indian corn I left standing.


Busy Sunday for the local birds.





No comments:

Post a Comment