Sunday, January 8, 2012

Finis!

Ventured-out yesterday afternoon for the last bow hunt of the season (which closes at sunset today).

I packed my gear on the ATV and drove down to the campsite and hobbled-in with my cane to set-up. 

I had a primo location nestled in a clump of red cedar so I was out of the wind.  Nice and comfy on Braumeister's folding chair.  Speaking of wind - it was in my favor.

I had a nice view of the active scrape location that has turned-out to be quite a hot spot for deer pictures.

Settled-in, it occurred to  me that if I actually shot a deer the adjacent trail camera was perfectly situated to catch all the action digitally. Alas, it was not to happen.  I had a nice quiet sit - alone with my thoughts.  As the sun set and the shadows lengthened and darkness fell I walked back to the four wheeler under the light of a rising moon.
click on images to enlarge

No hip pain.  Getting back in my groove.  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment