Saturday, June 8, 2019

The Garden Chronicles

May 16th I planted peas and radishes.  They're up and thriving.

May 21st I planted the old reliable German butterball taters and Stuttgarter yellow onions - renowned for their ease of raising and long-term storage characteristics.  They're up and thriving.

May 26th I planted the first sowing of the following:  four varieties of lettuce, spinach, two varieties of carrots, green beans and two varieties of beets - traditional red and golden.  They're up.

Yesterday I planted five sweet pepper plants (three varieties), a musk melon, acorn squash, fourteen tomato plants (five varieties), four broccoli plants, a couple of hills of Kakai seed pumpkins and pickles.  Taking a chance I planted four abbreviated rows of sweet corn.  Nothing like living on the edge.

With the exception of subsequent plantings and replacements the garden is in.

Rain is on tap for tonight and tomorrow.

Vive le jardin magnifique!

No comments:

Post a Comment